Deep South Hooligans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DEEP SOUTH HOOLIGANS

Airsoft and Milsim Combat Located in South Georgia and the Surrounding Area.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Getting into it

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
PanicNpain

Getting into it Empty
PostSubject: Getting into it   Getting into it EmptySun Sep 11, 2011 2:18 pm

Hey peeps,

I'm finally at a point where i can get back into airsoft or paintball and I'm wondering how much action I would see if I chose Airsoft. I'm currently deployed not and should possibly be ready to play after the new year once I do some research and get a couple guns. How often do you guys skirmish and put games together?

A little about me...

Active Duty Air Force for the past 6 years.
Live in Valdosta and have most weekends free and could play quite often assuming the games are planned to some extent.

If you guys have any suggestions on what manufacturers make the best guns (AEGs) and pistols please let me know. It's been a while since I've looked into the sport.

Thanks,

Panic
Back to top Go down
PMC-BLT

PMC-BLT

Getting into it Empty
PostSubject: Re: Getting into it   Getting into it EmptySun Sep 11, 2011 4:11 pm

Thanks for joining the forum! Ryan here, and im one of the younger members of the team. My dads Airforce, and most of the guys on the team are either military or are in the process of joining. We usually try to play every weekend or every other weekend. We had about 10 people out there yesterday and thats around how many we have on a regular basis, sometimes more. And when your looking for a gun to purchase, the big companies to buy from when it comes to AEG's are G&G, KWA, Ares, King arms, G&P, and echo 1. There all great companies but over all my personal favorite is G&P, but G&G and KWA are great as well. If you plan on purchasing a side arm which can come in handy, a few brands to look for are KJW, WE and KWA. As of now there the big 3 when it comes to GBB (Gas Blow Backs). Now my question to you, how much $ are you willing to spend on a AEG? And do you have any tac gear live vests and other things. im sure the good old Military has provided you with a few things. Also, when you purchase and AEG, make sure you buy a battery, and some extra mags, midcaps or high caps, either works. Im sure a few of the guys on our team have some things they might want to sell, or trade. But if you ever come to a game just ask around. We usually post games on here or on Facebook at the deep south hooligans page. If you have any questions just ask me, or anyone else who is active on the forum. Thanks again for joining and hope to see you out on the field!
Back to top Go down
Bullseye
Admin
Bullseye

Getting into it Empty
PostSubject: Re: Getting into it   Getting into it EmptyTue Sep 13, 2011 3:17 am

Welcome to the forum! Jonathan here (Bullseye), I'm one of the administrators on the team. Ryan (my protege lol) pretty much hit all the main points already. We do try to play every weekend or every other weekend and we try to go to as many OPs as possible. But I will make a few adjustments to his list of AEGs, and break it down to three main manufacturers. In order of my first hand experience, and preference; #1 KWA, #2 G&P, #3 Tokyo Marui. When it comes to GBB pistols, Either KWA or KJW. It's a tie between the two. Ryan and I both own a KJW M-9 and we both love them (so much so that I own two lol). And as Ryan already said, buy a battery, try to get a 9.6v, and buy some extra mags. You may want to purchase mid-caps, that is what most of us use and most people prefer them. If you buy any AEG that uses M-4/M-16 magazines then you can easily find a box set of ten mid-caps for a good price. But, if you have any further questions feel free to message Ryan or myself, and we will help you as much as we possibly can. Hope to see you at a game sometime, and thanks for joining our forum. Stay safe on your deployment.
Back to top Go down
PanicNpain

Getting into it Empty
PostSubject: Cool   Getting into it EmptyTue Sep 13, 2011 8:35 pm

Thanks guys, your suggestions will be very helpful when I get back from my deployment and can start looking. As far as the cost goes, the more it costs the longer it might take me to get but I'm not too concerned because it won't go to waist. Tactical gear huh? Well, I do communications for the security forces guys on base, I'll be going to Airborne school when I get back and eventually air assault. That being said, I've got the tactical gear. Wink lol
Back to top Go down
PMC-BLT

PMC-BLT

Getting into it Empty
PostSubject: Re: Getting into it   Getting into it EmptyWed Sep 14, 2011 5:33 pm

Haha! oh im sure you have tac gear i have no doubt about that!
Back to top Go down
Flip
Admin
Flip

Getting into it Empty
PostSubject: Re: Getting into it   Getting into it EmptyThu Sep 15, 2011 9:45 pm

welcome man! Yeah looks like bullseye and Ryan hit the nail on the head. Just stay tuned and come on out when you get back! We look forward to having you!
Back to top Go down
PanicNpain

Getting into it Empty
PostSubject: Cool   Getting into it EmptyFri Sep 16, 2011 12:39 am

Sounds good. Can't wait to get back home lol... Closing a base isn't fun, all the nice crap like pools and movies go away. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Getting into it Empty
PostSubject: Re: Getting into it   Getting into it Empty

Back to top Go down

Getting into it
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Deep South Hooligans :: Airsoft :: General Airsoft-
Jump to: