Deep South Hooligans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DEEP SOUTH HOOLIGANS

Airsoft and Milsim Combat Located in South Georgia and the Surrounding Area.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Anyone know anything about this company?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Bullseye
Admin
Bullseye

Anyone know anything about this company? Empty
PostSubject: Anyone know anything about this company?   Anyone know anything about this company? EmptyThu Jan 19, 2012 4:27 pm

Back to top Go down
Bullseye
Admin
Bullseye

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know anything about this company?   Anyone know anything about this company? EmptyThu Jan 19, 2012 4:36 pm

Okay so evidently these are some pretty kick-ass plate carriers. Only problem, I can't find anywhere online to buy it...
Back to top Go down
TPayneNFA

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know anything about this company?   Anyone know anything about this company? EmptyThu Jan 19, 2012 5:56 pm

Phantom is now known as Pantac. The reason Phantom changed their name is because Eagle Industries sued the company for copying their CIRAS design. Currently, Pantac still makes that same plate carrier, but they have it listed as a "Force Recon Vest". There is a maritime version and a land version. The biggest difference between the two is how the cummerbund velcros and where the quick release pull handle is located. You may luck up and find one available from a retailer, here in the states, but your best selection will be available at places like Redwolf Airsoft and WGC Shop. Also, the size of the vest does not relate to the size of clothing you wear. The size listed is the size of plate the vest will accommodate. I have owned Pantac gear and it is very well made. They use 1000D Cordura and triple stitch all stress points. The quality will not be as good as Eagle, but it will be comparrable. All of my Eagle Industries gear is made from 1000D Cordura and is triple and quadruple stitched in stress points. The best I have ever seen Blackhawk Industries stitch their gear is triple stitching, so I would say the quality of Pantac is on par with Blackhawk.

Here's a list of gear manufactures that, in my experience, make the best gear (in order of best quality to lowest quality)
1. London Bridge Trading, Original Special Operation Equipment
2. Eagle Industries (only the USA made stuff... not their foreign made gear, which tends to be lower quality stitching), Tactical Tailor, US Grunt Gear
3. Blackhawk Industries, Pantac / Phantom, 762 Tactical
4. Maxpedition
5. Condor

Last edited by TPayneNFA on Fri Jan 20, 2012 2:42 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Bullseye
Admin
Bullseye

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know anything about this company?   Anyone know anything about this company? EmptyThu Jan 19, 2012 6:20 pm

I already know that I want to get the maritime version in tan. Do you know of any website that sells it?
Back to top Go down
TPayneNFA

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know anything about this company?   Anyone know anything about this company? EmptyThu Jan 19, 2012 8:18 pm

I don't know of any US retailers, but these guys have it instock:

http://www.wgcshop.com/wgc2008/main/product_detail1.php?search_From=category&item=PH-CG-VTC200-CBM&search=special&rs=Vests&catid=4cat=53&cat=

I would get it in either small or medium and Coyote Brown. I honestly think Khaki will be too light for around here.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know anything about this company?   Anyone know anything about this company? Empty

Back to top Go down

Anyone know anything about this company?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Deep South Hooligans :: Airsoft :: General Airsoft-
Jump to: