Deep South Hooligans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DEEP SOUTH HOOLIGANS

Airsoft and Milsim Combat Located in South Georgia and the Surrounding Area.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

March 29 OP: Cold Steel -> 6MM Junk Waynes World

Go down 
+5
2good4hisowngood
PMC-BLT
Bullseye
Rocky Raccoon
Sqyrel
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Sqyrel

Sqyrel

March 29 OP: Cold Steel -> 6MM Junk Waynes World Empty
PostSubject: March 29 OP: Cold Steel -> 6MM Junk Waynes World   March 29 OP: Cold Steel -> 6MM Junk Waynes World EmptyMon Feb 28, 2011 12:39 am

Info here go

http://6mmjunkies.createforum.net/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=316

for those that dont have a 6mm account.

6mm Junkies presents:
Op: Cold Steel
When:Sat. Mar 26th, 2011
Where: Waynes World of Paintball
Price: $25.00 for all day play

THIS IS AN ALL AGES EVENT...Meaning 14+
(10-14 will be considered on a case by case basis)

Gates open: 0730
Chrono open: 0800
Registration open: 0930
Briefing: 1000
Game start: 1010
Endex: 1800-1900

Story Line:

******FLASH TRAFFIC*******0300 ZULU TIME**********

USAF C130 FLIGHT "SPEEDBIRD" ENROUTE FROM YAKOTA AB, JAPAN TO OSAN AB, KOREA.

PILOT STATED INSTRUMENT TROUBLE APROX 1 HR INTO FLIGHT. PILOT STATED SEVERE WEATHER AND LIGHTNING STRIKES TO FUSELAGE. KUSAN AB, IKOREA TOWER REPORTS HAVING SPEEDBIRD ON RADAR FOR NO MORE THAN 30 MINS. AT THAT TIME WAS ON A HEADING TOWARDS OSAN AIRSPACE. AT APROX 0245 SPEEDBIRD MADE AN ABRUBT HEADING CHANGE DUE NORTH. SEVERAL ATTEMPTS TO RAISE SPEEDBIRD ON RADIO WERE INEFFECTIVE. AT 0300 ZULU SPEEDBIRD WAS LOST FROM RADAR AT OSAN AND STILL HEADING NORTH INTO N KOREAN AIRSPACE. IT IS PRESUMED THAT AIRCRAFT IS DOWN.

IMMEDIATE DEPLOYMENT OF US FORCES IN CONJUNCTION WITH UN ASSISTANCE IS AUTHORIZED............................

SEARCH AND RESCUE TO START IMMEDIATE. RECOVERY OF ALL PRECIOUS CARGO IS MANDATORY.....

PRECIOUS CARGO IS AS FOLLOWS:
2 SECURE CASES CONTAINING QUANTITIES OF BIO AGENT R128
2 SECURE CASES CONTAINING ARMING AGENT FOR R128
2 SECURE CASES CONTAINING ANTIDOTE A667

IMPERATIVE THAT ALL CASES BE RECOVERED...................

**********END FLASH TRAFFIC*********************************

UNIFORM AND TEAM DIVISIONS

US (TAN SCHEME)

Rangers ...Multicam

Reg Army...ACU,

UN forces...Desert MARPAT, Desert

PMC... tan, khaki

N Korea...(GREEN SCHEME)

Woodland, woodland MARPAT, Black, civies, OD

Missions
(Red) Find crash site and find out what is there
(Blue) Find and secure crash site (Search and Rescue)

Remaining missions will be determined by outcome of first mission.......
Back to top Go down
Sqyrel

Sqyrel

PostSubject: Re: March 29 OP: Cold Steel -> 6MM Junk Waynes World   March 29 OP: Cold Steel -> 6MM Junk Waynes World EmptyMon Feb 28, 2011 12:40 am

Also take note for those who went to Coastal Ivory 2, the tank is coming back with its team this time so it will not be switching sides and will be on the North Korean team the entire game ^.^
Back to top Go down
Rocky Raccoon

Rocky Raccoon

PostSubject: the entire time   March 29 OP: Cold Steel -> 6MM Junk Waynes World EmptyMon Feb 28, 2011 11:41 am

That sucks, that tank is a big asset to the game and having it only on one side will give the other team
a big advantage, but i am game for it. Maybe we'll be put with the tank
Back to top Go down
Rocky Raccoon

Rocky Raccoon

PostSubject: Re: March 29 OP: Cold Steel -> 6MM Junk Waynes World   March 29 OP: Cold Steel -> 6MM Junk Waynes World EmptyMon Feb 28, 2011 11:42 am

ha never mind looks as if we will me North Korea. Differently game now Smile
Back to top Go down
Bullseye
Admin
Bullseye

PostSubject: Re: March 29 OP: Cold Steel -> 6MM Junk Waynes World   March 29 OP: Cold Steel -> 6MM Junk Waynes World EmptyMon Feb 28, 2011 1:10 pm

I wish we all had multi-cam. This would be a great game to be on the US side.
Back to top Go down
Sqyrel

Sqyrel

PostSubject: Re: March 29 OP: Cold Steel -> 6MM Junk Waynes World   March 29 OP: Cold Steel -> 6MM Junk Waynes World EmptyMon Feb 28, 2011 1:59 pm

We really need to settle on an OP for March, there is literally an OP every single weekend of March. I cant remember which post i crammed all the OP info under but ill dig it up. Personally I vote for either this one, or the MindGames one on March 19th also at Waynes World.
Back to top Go down
PMC-BLT

PMC-BLT

PostSubject: Re: March 29 OP: Cold Steel -> 6MM Junk Waynes World   March 29 OP: Cold Steel -> 6MM Junk Waynes World EmptyMon Feb 28, 2011 5:59 pm

id like too but probably a no for me
Back to top Go down
2good4hisowngood

2good4hisowngood

PostSubject: Re: March 29 OP: Cold Steel -> 6MM Junk Waynes World   March 29 OP: Cold Steel -> 6MM Junk Waynes World EmptyMon Feb 28, 2011 11:29 pm

Are you sure about mindgames holding an op? There is nothing on the website, and I know for a fact their manager will be busy the following weekend in orlando at megacon.
Otherwise I'd be down for either, Though I'd rather go to a mindgames one.
Perhaps we can get the APC ready before then.

Edit: I just got an invite from one of the admins, this isn't a normal game though, its a monster type game. just a heads up. but either way we should try to get the atv ready and down there to whichever game we go to, provided bullseye agrees
Back to top Go down
BluHairFrk

BluHairFrk

PostSubject: Re: March 29 OP: Cold Steel -> 6MM Junk Waynes World   March 29 OP: Cold Steel -> 6MM Junk Waynes World EmptyWed Mar 02, 2011 10:45 am

If we can all go to an op I vote for the 6mm Junkies one, Dagen's been bugging the crap out of me to play and i want him to be able to come to SOME ops. Also we can bring Ryan to 6mm ops as well...
Back to top Go down
2good4hisowngood

2good4hisowngood

PostSubject: Re: March 29 OP: Cold Steel -> 6MM Junk Waynes World   March 29 OP: Cold Steel -> 6MM Junk Waynes World EmptyWed Mar 02, 2011 11:34 am

Ryan already said he couldn't
Back to top Go down
Flip
Admin
Flip

PostSubject: Re: March 29 OP: Cold Steel -> 6MM Junk Waynes World   March 29 OP: Cold Steel -> 6MM Junk Waynes World EmptyThu Mar 03, 2011 2:50 pm

I'm down for whatever as long as I'm off so it's up to you guys. I just got a promotion so I'm not going to request any days off for a little bit so I kind of have to go with let's hope they schedule me off. It's me and one other guy and we are supposed to rotate weekends but we will see how it goes. Aside from that I'm down for whatever.
Back to top Go down
fallout11

fallout11

PostSubject: Re: March 29 OP: Cold Steel -> 6MM Junk Waynes World   March 29 OP: Cold Steel -> 6MM Junk Waynes World EmptySun Mar 06, 2011 8:34 pm

Like you guys we were torn about which event to attend in March. MGP's late announcement on TZ2 (literally only three weeks before the OP) and Mac giving me the runaround for two straight weeks regarding fielding the tank at TZ2 (despite having just fielded an actual 8 ton armored car at Red Valley) clinched it for us, so we opted for the 6mm Junkies game instead. Also, 6mm lets the younger guys and gals play, which being from Georgia is the way it's always been done up here, as it should be. Finally, as a team we were, how shall I say, less than impressed at the first The Zone event back in January 2009. The Wasteland 1 or 2 it was not.
As always, your mileage may vary.

Anyway, just wanted to say hi, hope to see you all again later this month. You guys normally wear green (Marpat), so we'll be on your side.
Back to top Go down
Flip
Admin
Flip

PostSubject: Re: March 29 OP: Cold Steel -> 6MM Junk Waynes World   March 29 OP: Cold Steel -> 6MM Junk Waynes World EmptySun Mar 06, 2011 9:28 pm

I'm with Fallout on this one. I say 6mm is the way to go.
Back to top Go down
BluHairFrk

BluHairFrk

PostSubject: Re: March 29 OP: Cold Steel -> 6MM Junk Waynes World   March 29 OP: Cold Steel -> 6MM Junk Waynes World EmptyMon Mar 07, 2011 1:07 pm

I just wanted to point out that the op is saturday the 26th NOT tuesday the 29th.

Again i'd like to say that i want to go to the 6mm junkies event, we did really good last time, it'd be awesome if we could go with more people.
Back to top Go down
Sqyrel

Sqyrel

PostSubject: Re: March 29 OP: Cold Steel -> 6MM Junk Waynes World   March 29 OP: Cold Steel -> 6MM Junk Waynes World EmptyTue Mar 08, 2011 9:00 am

Gah well played on the date freak, dunno why i put 29th, meant 26th. I plan on going, Colgrizzle is also interested and i left my brother inlaw a message last night askin if he wants to go.
Back to top Go down
Colgrizzle

Colgrizzle

PostSubject: Re: March 29 OP: Cold Steel -> 6MM Junk Waynes World   March 29 OP: Cold Steel -> 6MM Junk Waynes World EmptyThu Mar 10, 2011 10:04 pm

I agree with Bullseye, this would be fun on the US side. But hey, when you have a TANK mowing down the opposition, cant go wrong with that.
Back to top Go down
fallout11

fallout11

PostSubject: Re: March 29 OP: Cold Steel -> 6MM Junk Waynes World   March 29 OP: Cold Steel -> 6MM Junk Waynes World EmptyFri Mar 11, 2011 6:38 am

You could always build yourself a nerf pocket vortex launcher out of PVC, a ball valve, and a 12-gram adapter (cost, about $20 total) and blow our asses up. I'm told that was the highlight of MGP's Red Valley, blowing up the armored car and 2.5 ton.
Back to top Go down
PMC-BLT

PMC-BLT

PostSubject: Re: March 29 OP: Cold Steel -> 6MM Junk Waynes World   March 29 OP: Cold Steel -> 6MM Junk Waynes World EmptyFri Mar 11, 2011 4:53 pm

i have a rocket launcher made that shoots playdough balls wraped inside ballons. shoots about 120 yards on a good day
Back to top Go down
fallout11

fallout11

PostSubject: Re: March 29 OP: Cold Steel -> 6MM Junk Waynes World   March 29 OP: Cold Steel -> 6MM Junk Waynes World EmptyFri Mar 11, 2011 5:17 pm

That sounds really painful if you accidentally nailed one of the infantry in front of the tank (airborne clod of putty to the _____), and WW has a paintball insurer, which means Nerf rockets are approved (since that is what they use in scenario p-ball and at other airsoft events), pretty much everything else is not. They've been proven safe for well over a decade, which is why everyone uses 'em. I even beaned one kid at Coastal Ivory with one by accident during the last mission, and he was cool with it (came by and talked afterwards and called it a highlight of the event).
Nerf also started making a much less expensive 42mm foam sphere, which works pretty well in M203's and similar, called a "ballistic ball". Use a conventional shot shell, leave out the BB's, and cram the ball down the muzzle. Range is about 60-65 feet. They're a little harder to notice when they hit than the rocket, since they weight less and are smaller, but they do work and I've started seeing them being used at other events around the southeast for anti-bunker and light AT use. Check your local Toys'R Us or K-mart for those if you have one.
Back to top Go down
PMC-BLT

PMC-BLT

PostSubject: Re: March 29 OP: Cold Steel -> 6MM Junk Waynes World   March 29 OP: Cold Steel -> 6MM Junk Waynes World EmptyFri Mar 11, 2011 6:25 pm

yeh it can be painful, but it has a leak so i have to fix it lol, and ill look for those nerf balls cause i have a 203 i never use and i would like to field it again
Back to top Go down
fallout11

fallout11

PostSubject: Re: March 29 OP: Cold Steel -> 6MM Junk Waynes World   March 29 OP: Cold Steel -> 6MM Junk Waynes World EmptyFri Mar 11, 2011 9:46 pm

The balls are lime green, if that helps, and come 5 to a bag (usually $4 or $5).
Back to top Go down
PMC-BLT

PMC-BLT

PostSubject: Re: March 29 OP: Cold Steel -> 6MM Junk Waynes World   March 29 OP: Cold Steel -> 6MM Junk Waynes World EmptyFri Mar 11, 2011 9:47 pm

k thanks!
Back to top Go down
Sqyrel

Sqyrel

PostSubject: Re: March 29 OP: Cold Steel -> 6MM Junk Waynes World   March 29 OP: Cold Steel -> 6MM Junk Waynes World EmptyFri Mar 18, 2011 5:37 pm

Man its been quiet on the forums for the last week or so!

So here we are just at a week out from this event. Who all is still confirmed for this?
Back to top Go down
PMC-BLT

PMC-BLT

PostSubject: Re: March 29 OP: Cold Steel -> 6MM Junk Waynes World   March 29 OP: Cold Steel -> 6MM Junk Waynes World EmptyFri Mar 18, 2011 6:17 pm

its the 26th right? i might be able to go but idk
Back to top Go down
Rocky Raccoon

Rocky Raccoon

PostSubject: Re: March 29 OP: Cold Steel -> 6MM Junk Waynes World   March 29 OP: Cold Steel -> 6MM Junk Waynes World EmptyFri Mar 18, 2011 8:19 pm

I was beginning to think that airsoft was no more for a while.. I am still game for the 26 if I am not called to Savannah, I am probably getting interviewed for a job soon
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: March 29 OP: Cold Steel -> 6MM Junk Waynes World   March 29 OP: Cold Steel -> 6MM Junk Waynes World Empty

Back to top Go down

March 29 OP: Cold Steel -> 6MM Junk Waynes World
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next